Feb 19, 2008

A Blog Begins

Initially, I started this blog in the hopes that I could keep a running journal of how I was progressing with my next book, well so much for that idea. At first, I thought I hated blogging (I partially do). Then I remembered that I hated keeping a journal. So what do I do? What do I do? A friend told me I should embrace the blog. I told her to shut up. But she was right. So let me start over. I wrote my first book Pennywise, because I wanted to read something that I could relate too. I loved reading chick lit mysteries like the Stephanie Plum's series by Janet Evanovich, but I wanted to recognize these people in these stories. They didn't look like me or sound like me or my friends and family. None had by warped sense of humor or reality. The only way I could do that, was to write it myself. Yeah, that was easy. I took some writing classes and left most of them without a clue. What I got out of some of them was that I should just sit down, and write. A year and half later, I wrote Pennywise.

No comments: