Dec 17, 2008

Drop Dead Delicious

Finally, the second Maggie and Odessa book is done. Drop Dead Delicious is completed…over…the end. I think. As I typed the last word, on the last page, in the last chapter, in the back of my mind, I knew it wasn’t quite over. I’ll be with the girls for the next few months as I try to make their presence known. It isn’t enough simply to finish the book, now to bring it to readers. This part of writing is a tedious but necessary process. With hundreds, if not thousands of books coming out, it’s like shouting in the wind. I cross my fingers and hope for the best. Of course the best would be a number one best seller – ha!

I’m hoping that people, who purchased the first book, Pennywise, will like the direction the second book is going. Though I love serial writing, I hate when characters don’t change or grow. When I first wrote about Maggie and Odessa, each of them, were at different stages of their lives. This is not to say that they will change so drastically, you won’t recognize them. Odessa will always be the cynic (,she really thinks of herself as a realist) and Maggie a hopeful optimist.

I don’t know how many Maggie and Odessa stories, I have in me, but hopefully maybe two more. I’m very fond of these characters, and as long as they grow and evolve and try to do new things, they will always have a fan in me. I would love to hear from those of you who’ve read the first book. Send me a short message at jillbrock.net and maybe I’ll share, Odessa’s prize winning cake recipe.

No comments: