Jan 6, 2009

A New Year's Resolution

It’s a new year and of course it’s time for resolutions. I want to make at least one. Be warned, I’ve never kept one New Year’s resolution I have ever made – ever! I’m too good at talking myself out of them. I’m brilliant. So that is why I never make them. This year I want to try, really try. Have some faith. Like Tinkerbelle in Peter Pan, I do believe, I do. Drum roll please, here goes. I promise that I will…I will…I’m sorry I can’t!
There is nothing I could promise on January 1st, that I couldn’t promise myself any of the day of the year. I want to, I do. Lose those ten (twenty) pounds, give more to charity, clean out my closet, and shred the last five years of bills or do the right thing, even when the wrong thing is really cute and tells me my hips aren’t that big.

What I will promise, are the things I can achieve. I promise to gain at least five pounds, not save enough, write every day, give into my weakness for really silly movies (Pineapple Express had me laughing on the floor), spend too much money on new books, discover a new author and oh yeah, write every day. I promise.

No comments: