Jun 3, 2009

A Romantic Notion

I haven’t written in a while. I’ve been busy with the new book and few other things. I recently went to a book signing, which was great fun. Readers where interested in more face time with Lee and Odessa in the next book. It sounds like a good idea. I love the notion of a mystery/humorous/romance book. I’ve sure it’s be done a thousand time before but who cares. I’ve always treated both Maggie and Odessa’s romantic relationships as secondary plots. Maybe the idea of bringing both Lee and Roger as characters that are more prominent would add to the series. I’m sure I’ll work it out and it might be fun.
Recently I attended the Book Expo in New York City. It was a great experience. I had the chance to met authors and publishers. Set in the Jacob Javits Center on the Westside of Manhattan, it is an expansive space. I must have walked ten miles just to cover everything. I met great people there and would likely go again next year. If you every have the opportunity to go, it’s a wonderful opportunity to meet authors at their book signing. There were a lot of famous ones there. If you do go, bring your walking shoes.

No comments: