Nov 3, 2010

Book Trailer or not to Book Trailer?

I've been debating whether to do a book trailer for my new book Semisweet. At first, these trailers seemed all the rage but now, not so much. Does anyone really look at them? Does your book sells improve by any margin that makes it worth the effort. It's hard to say. I've never met anyone who saw a book trailer and ran out and brought a book. Most look a little dodgy. Unless you pay a pretty penny for a professionally made one, they all look a little home made. Therefore, for the time being, I'll leave that off my marketing agenda list and work on a nifty press release or something. I might have better luck throwing flyers out of a moving train. Mmmm that's a thought.

I know when I peruse a book store or search online several things catch my fancy. The book blurb usually does it for me, or there is a nice intriguing cover. It depends. Mostly, I fall in love with an author and have to read every single one of their books. I put them on my wish list and beg my family to buy the book for the holidays or my birthday. Or a finally break down and buy it myself. This is why I have too many books in my house. None of which I purchase because I saw a Book Trailer.

No comments: